Join Now

Gardiner Museum of Ceramic Art

gard_out.jpg

The Gardiner is Canada’s only museum dedicated to ceramic art. The museum was opened in 1984, when Toronto philanthropist George Gardiner and his wife, Helen, gave a purpose-built building and their outstanding ceramics collection to the people of Canada.

The wonderful facilities include, a thoughtfully stocked shop, Library, Galleries on three floors, Educational facilities and a lovely terrace Cafe.

The Gardiners had accumulated a remarkable collection of ancient American pottery and one of the world's most noted collections of European pottery and porcelain from the 15th to the 19th centuries. The collection exceeding 2900 pieces, is often described as a “jewel box of ceramic treasures.”

The current exhibition "Made In China" features export porcelain 1500-1800 created by Chinese Artisans for European and North American export markets. These are on loan from the Leo and Doris Hodroff collection at Winterthur the exhibition closes September 16.

52a, Hindmans Road
East Dulwich
London
SE22 9NG
uk
Tel: +1 416 586 8080

Email: Login to email

gard_in.jpg


Location

Javascript is required to view this map.